- Gigabyte Gaming X Z390 Motherboard
- Intel i9-9900K Coffee Lake Processor
- ASRock Phantom Gaming X Radeon RX Vega 56
- Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB NVMe
- Western Digital 3D NAND M.2 1TB NVMe
- EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3
- I/O Crest 4 Port SATA III PCI-e 2.0 x2 Hard Drive Controller Card
- G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM Model F4-3600C19D-32GVRB
- Fenvi T919 BCM94360CD – WiFi with BT 4.0
- Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler
- SYBA Low Profile PCI-Express 1394B/A Firewire Card Model SD-PEX30009
- Advanced CPU Settings → VT-d → Enabled
- Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) → Profile 1
- Platform Power → ErP → Enabled
- IO Ports → Initial Display Output → iGPU (only if you enable Internal Graphics)
- IO Ports → Internal Graphics → Enabled (necessary if you want Sidecar, minor OS tweaks, faster rendering in Video Processing)
- IO Ports → DVMT Pre-Allocated → 64M (this option is available after you enable Internal Graphics then reboot)
- IO Ports → DVMT Total Gfx Mem → MAX (this option is available after you enable Internal Graphics then reboot)
- IO Ports → Above 4G Decoding → Enabled
- IO Ports → Super IO Configuration → Serial Port → Disabled (this option is only in beta F10g)
- IO Ports → USB Configuration
- XHCI Handoff → Enabled
- CFG Lock → Disabled (this option is only in beta F10g)
- Windows 8/10 Features → Other OS
- CSM Support → Disabled
Optional: save modified BIOS settings to a Profile
Installation: Format NVMe drive.
- The Catalina installer should boot up and give you a menu of options.
- Select Disk Utility
- Format the NVMe drive by “View > Show All Devices,” select the drive (not the partition)
- Give your boot volume a name
- Select APFS format
- Specify GUID Partition Map
- After it is formatted, quit and go back to the Installer Menu.
Installation: Install Catalina
- Select Install mac OS, select your volume to install upon, agree to everything you’re supposed to agree to, then allow the installer to do its thing. The computer will restart.
- The USB Installer stick should still be inserted, and when the Clover bootloader appears, select “Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot” and hit enter. Let the installer continue. The computer will restart.
- When the Clover bootloader appears, select “Boot Filevault Prebooter from Preboot” and hit enter. Installation will finalize, and you should enter the Catalina welcome process.
- During all the options, it is best not to sign into iCloud yet. You can do this later. I think it’s best if you get everything running, then once you are satisfied everything is OK, then you can set that up.
- Once all the options are selected, you should emerge on the other side into the Finder.