The Builder’s intention was to build a mini ITX motherboard based system, especially because he is just going to put a video card. He plans to upgrade later to an Asus Strix AMD Rx 64. Then, a mini ITX does not occupy him much on the desktop and looks fantastic. Enough for the programming and design tasks he performs.
Hardware Components of Hackintosh
- Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX Tempered Glass
- Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI Motherboard
- Intel i7-8700 Processor
- Corsair Vengeance Pack 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2400
- SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 580 8GB
- SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 250GB SSD
- EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B1, 80+ BRONZE 750W, Semi Modular
- CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i v2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm
- Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD
The following guide is based on UniBeast Guide, but If you do not have access to Mac, You can Install Mojave with Hackintosh Mojave Installer, Which does not require access to mac to create a bootable Mojave Installer.
Prepare USB Installer with UniBeast
- Insert the USB drive
- Open /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
- Highlight the USB drive in left column (Note: in the Mojave version of Disk Utility, you must first select View / Show All Devices before you can see the USB drive there)
- Click Erase button
- For Name: type MOJAVE (You can rename it later)
- For Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and GUID Partition
- Click Erase then Done
- Download and run UniBeast
- Click Continue, Continue, Continue, Continue, Agree
- At Destination Select, choose USB and click Continue
- At Select OS Installation screen choose Mojave and click Continue
- click Continue, enter password and click Install
Modify USB EFI Partition
- Open EFI Partition of USB, delete folder EFI/
- Copy and paste my EFI folder (attached to the bottom of this article)
Change BIOS Settings
Save & Exit ⇾ Load Optimized Defaults
- M.I.T. ⇾ Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.): Profile 1
- BIOS ⇾ Windows 8/10 Features: Other OS
- BIOS ⇾ CSM Support: Disabled
- BIOS ⇾ Secure Boot : Disabled
- Peripherals ⇾ Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT) : Disable
- Peripherals ⇾ Network Stack Configuration ⇾ Network Stack : Disabled
- Peripherals ⇾ USB Configuration ⇾ Legacy USB Support : Enabled
- Peripherals ⇾ USB Configuration ⇾ XHCI Hand-off : Enabled
- Chipset ⇾ Vt-d : Disabled
- Chipset ⇾ Internal Graphics : Enabled (After changing this and the other options, you must restart to show the two options DMVT)
- Chipset ⇾ DVMT Pre-Alloc : 64M
- Chipset ⇾ DVMT Total GFX Mem : 256M
- Chipset ⇾ Above 4G Decoding : Enabled (In a restart apparently this option hurts to start and hanged, now is enabled and without problems).
Save and Exit, The system will restart with the saved data
- Restart or Turn on the computer
- Hold F12 during BIOS to enter boot menu
- Select your USB, In Clover options Click “Install Mojave”
- When installer boots, enter Disk Utility and format “Erase” your SSD, named “Mojave OSX”. Choose the recommended filesystem option (Journaled) and Guid Partition.
- Exit Disk Utility
- Install Mojave
Note: if computer restarts during this time, do not worry. Installation will take a number of restarts before completion (3 to be exact). From here on out, On each restart you press F12 and select the USB and Clover options select your main SSD, you see the options in clover with the name of SSD Mojave OSX (Or the name you have chosen).
Install Clover in SSD
Now we will install clover on the SSD to not have to always start the USB.
Run the Clover installer – You can get it from here
Continue, continue, continue
In type of installation click on “Personalize” and just select the following.
UEFI Starter Installation
- Install clover on the ESP partition
- The themes if you want you can leave it
- In UEFI Drivers, just select the 4 main drivers: ApfsDriverLoader-64, ApioMemoryFix-64, EmuVariableUefi-64, HFSPlus
It’s the same, because then we’ll replace the EFI folder.